An intimate, ultra-luxury experience with superior service, over-the-top amenities and magnificent accommodations make Silversea the epitome of all-inclusive luxury cruise value. Read why Silversea is the best way to see exotic Asia in absolute elegance.
From the urban city nightlife and skyscraper-lined vistas to the ancient temples and vast gardens of the Chinese emperors, Asia truly has it all. One of our most fun and friendly advisor, Marci Goode, recently visited Singapore, Lo Samui, Bangkok, Saigon, Hoi An and Hong Kong on an all-inclusive Silversea Cruise. Read on to see what she loved most about this luxurious journey.
Tell us about the ports/cities you visited.
Ko Samui is really a pretty uneventful place to visit in Thailand. Some guests on the cruise made arrangements to go the Four Seasons Hotel which would have been much better and closer than the 2 hotels that Silversea offered for ‘Beach Days’ for their guests.
What shore excursions did you go on? Which ones would you recommend?
I recommend the Mekong Delta tour while in Ho Chi Minh. Also, definitely take a tour to Hoi An when the ship ports in Da Nang, Vietnam. It’s the most wonderful town and has great shopping for more unique things rather than the normal touristy junk. The city is decorated with lanterns hanging everywhere and has wonderful coffee shops and restaurants on the pedestrian-only streets.
Did you do any pre/post activities?
In Singapore we stayed at one of the finest hotels in Asia, the Mandarin Oriental. What a treat! We saw the Gardens by the Bay and Botanical Gardens in Singapore. And after the cruise, we stayed at the Langham Hotel in Hong Kong in a great location and near the port which made the trip home a bit more palatable.
What are your top 3 pieces of advice for someone going on a similar trip?
- If ship overnights in Bangkok – stay in the city overnight at Peninsula Hotel and tour 2 days. The port is over 2 hours from the city of Bangkok
- It’s HOT and HUMID in Asia so dress accordingly
- If the cruise begins or ends in Singapore without an overnight, you must extend your stay to see Singapore for at least 2 nights.
What did you like most about the cruise line?
This voyage was the perfect blend of next-level service and pampering that Silversea is known for while also providing an authentic, safe and stylish way to enjoy Asia's rich history, culture and traditions. Some of the highlights aboard the ship were:
- Too many delicious dining options to mention (although my favorite restaurant wasThe Muse)
- Small-ship design made it easy to get around and meant no lines or long waits
- Stylish, modern and luxuriously appointed décor
What are 3 things one can expect from this cruise line?
- Understated elegance
- Almost everything you can think of is all included in the cruise fare!
- There will be one or more formal nights on this line so be prepared with the proper attire or you can choose to dine in an alternate venue on those evenings like The Grill (Hot Rocks) or enjoy room service in your suite.
Contact Marci about this vacation
- (520) 232-5517
- [email protected]