Lisa’s trip to Alaska was one that she will always remember. Between taking a helicopter ride to fishing in remote fishing holes, there were many memories made. We asked Lisa to tell us in detail her trip to help you in your planning efforts for an Alaskan vacation you will never forget!
What were your favorite destinations?
I love Sitka. This has always been one of my favorite places. It is so beautiful and remote, and the fishing is fantastic! Hubbard Glacier is amazing too! The views are breathtaking. It is easy to stare at the glacier for hours! Juneau was pretty amazing too. Taking the helicopter to Mendenhall Glacier and dog sledding was a check-off the old Bucket List!
Did you go on any special excursions or side-trips?
- Sitka, chartered a boat for fishing
- Juneau, helicopter and dog sledding
- Skagway, Glacier River rafting though eagle preserve
- Ketchikan, zip line
What are your top three pieces of advice for someone going on a similar trip?
- Take binoculars and a great camera as the photo opportunities are amazing.
- Do something adventurous away from the port and see the wildlife and majestic countryside.
- Start in Seward and travel South. The train from Anchorage to Seward is wonderful and worth doing when traveling to Alaska.
Have you been to this destination before? Would you want to come back again? Why?
Yes, this is my 4th time to Alaska.
- A few years back on Celebrity
- A week in Sitka, to fish. Brought home 340 lbs. of fish, it was wonderful!
- June 2016 on Oceania Cruise Line
- August 2016 on Silversea Cruise Line Yes, I would go back in a heartbeat! I love Alaska!
Do you have any upcoming trips that you are excited about?
- South Pacific or Panama Canal on Windstar
- Venice to Barcelona, for my Wedding Anniversary on Oceania
- Baltics on Azamara
Contact Lisa about this vacation
- (520) 276-4085
- [email protected]